By: Melissa Elkins, Director of Sales & Marketing
I love living in East Tennessee for many reasons. The food is amazing, the scenery can take your breath away, and the people are kind and helpful. We wear the “Volunteer State” moniker boldly and, during any given week, anyone can find ways to give back time, effort and money in support of nonprofits.
M&M Productions USA is well-known to event planners – especially among those who fundraise in East Tennessee – because it’s a turnkey company with the largest audiovisual equipment inventory in the region. Our team members are fixtures at events throughout East Tennessee and provide everything from lighting to stage design to audiovisual services.
We’ve learned a lot about fundraising along the way from the great clients we’ve served through amazing experiences, and I want to share some of our top tips:
- Offer virtual components to your in-person event to expand your audience and increase touchpoints for fundraising.
- Produce video of speakers and honorees before the event so that remarks can be streamlined and shared both in person and online.
- Offer multiple activities at your event, such as games, auctions, icebreakers, dancing and more to increase engagement.
- Provide connections to online donation platforms through short links or QR codes and make donating easy and accessible via computers or smartphones.
- Offer benefits to the attendees such as a networking event or activity.
- Find multiple levels of sponsorship and support – for both in person and virtual activities. Don’t forget digital space for virtual attendees!
- Make sure your message is clear. Communicate what are you raising money for and how it will benefit the community.
- Engage seasoned and new volunteers for the planning committee. You need both perspectives!
- Be open to new ideas. Event production changed more in 2020 than it did in the previous two decades – and many of those new ideas will remain part of the event landscape for the foreseeable future.
We’re here to help you maximize your impact and fundraising potential. Contact a member of our team today at 800-711-0140 to discuss your fundraiser, gala, business meeting, gala, convention or other event.